Knoxville and Maryville TN
What is a Dental Crown?
Metal -free dental crowns restore teeth back to their normal shape, size and function. The tooth colored crown is made of porcelain so that it blends in with your natural teeth. In the past dental crowns have had metal on the inside to add durability and strength, modern dentistry now provides tooth colored metals such as zirconia that prevent the unsightly discoloration around the tooth. Crestview Dental Care is proud to offer metal-free dental crowns as a restorative treatment option. Dr.Tommy Spears and Dr. Jake Goza spend over 200 hours each year in ongoing education to provide our patients with the most advanced dental restoration options available.
What is the Purpose of a Dental Crown?
- Cover a brittle tooth that has to large of a cavity; beyond what a dental filling can repair
- Provide strength for a tooth following the nerve being removed (root canal therapy)
- Final step after having dental implant(artificial tooth root) procedure completed.
- Cover a stained or traumatized tooth that does not respond well to whitening methods
- Cover and strengthen a fractured or broken tooth
- Cover a tooth after a large dental filling fails
What can I Expect When Getting a Dental Crown?
In most cases, the patient’s tooth is made numb so that you do not feel any pain. Impressions are taken to send to our premier dental lab where your crown will be custom-made. Then, Dr. Tommy Spears or Dr. Jake Goza will remove any unhealthy portion of your tooth.
Finally, a temporary crown is made and placed on your tooth, right in our office. The temporary crown will stay in place until your permanent crown has been made. You will return for a second visit to have your crown permanently placed over your tooth.
Following the procedure, your newly crowned tooth will look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. No one will be able to tell that you have a crown. Caring for your teeth after a dental crown is easy, brush and floss as normal, and follow through with your routine checkups and cleanings.
To schedule your next visit, contact Crestview Dental Care today! We welcome patients of Knoxville and Maryville, Tennessee.